What non-EU citizens need to travel around Europe | Documents

The entry into Spain for not more than 90 days during the semester stays, is subject to the conditions laid down in Regulation (EC ) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 March 2006 .

Being in possession of a valid passport or travel document, in force

The document must be valid up to three months after the intended date of departure from the territory of the Member States and shall have been issued within the previous ten years. Citizens of any State of the European Union, Switzerland , Norway , Iceland and Lichtenstein only require a National Identity Card or passport. In the case of a minor and travel with the national identity , it must be accompanied by written parental consent.


Being in possession of a valid visa, in force

This requirement is due to nationals of third countries included in the list of countries subject to the visa requirement for the crossing of external borders , provided they are not in possession of a valid residence permit or visa issued valid long by another Member State.

Holders of a valid residence permit or a long-term visa valid license issued by another Schengen State aliens may circulate for three months maximum in any six-month period , through the territory of other Schengen States , provided they are in possession of a passport or travel document valid and in force, justifying the purpose and conditions of stay and the adequacy of financial resources for their support during the period of stay in Spain and accredit not endanger public health, public order , national security or international relations of Spain or other countries with which Spain has an agreement to that effect. Also be required which are not included in the national list of alerts of the Member State concerned people.

Being in possession of documents justifying the purpose and conditions of stay and have sufficient financial means of support during the period of stay in Spain.

  • Tourist or private travel

In these cases it may require the submission of any of the following documents :

  1. Supporting document from the establishment providing accommodation or letter of invitation from the host if staying at home, issued by the Police for your place of residence. IMPORTANT : In any case, the letter of invitation will supply the overseas accreditation by the other requirements for entry.
  2. Confirmation of the booking of an organized trip with itinerary.
  3. Return ticket or tourist circuit

For accreditation of economic means, shall take into account the provisions on available economic resources that foreigners must prove to make its entry into Spain . The minimum to credit is 64.53 euros per person per day , with a minimum of 580.77 euros or the equivalent amount in foreign currency.

  • Professional , political, scientific, sporting, religious or other reasons travel

It may require the submission of any of the following documents :1. The invitation from a firm or an authority to attend meetings , conventions, etc. . , Commercial , industrial, etc character.Two . Document certifying the existence of commercial, industrial , etc relationships.Three . Access cards to trade shows, conferences , conventions, etc. . Invitations , entry tickets , enrollments or programs stating, as far as possible the name of the host organization and the length of stay or any other appropriate document indicating the purpose of the visit.

  • Travel of study or other training 

It may require the submission of any of the following documents :

  1. Certificate of enrollment at an educational institution to participate in theoretical and practical training courses.
  2. Certificates for the courses taken.